LOOKING TO ADD OR DROP CLASSES FOR SEMESTER 2 THIS YEAR?by Mary Dowski, Counselor on December 5, 2018
Request for class changes are now being accepted for spring semester. Please remember that year-long core classes cannot be dropped. Requests need to be turned in, with signatures, to the main office (Mrs. Clark) by 3:30pm on Tuesday, December 18th.
- Requests for changes of advisory teachers are not permitted.
- Requests for core class changes in middle school are not permitted. 7th grade students take Study Skills class, 8th grade students take College Prep class, and middle school students need to take PE and Health by the end of 8th grade.
- Study halls are not being offered for 6th and 7th grade students except under certain circumstances. All other students who have a study hall first semester, but who do not utilize it for studying, homework, or school work; or, students who have a study hall but have failing grades, may have a second semester (spring) study hall forfeited. Study halls are not for playing video games, watching videos, or other non-academic purposes.
- Tutorial classes are support classes that have been identified to assist students to be successful in their core classes (math tutorial). Teacher permission to drop a support class will require teacher permission. Teacher permission will be sought from teachers by the Counseling office.
- Students can only have ONE community service class per semester (Tutoring Practicum [TA] or Community Service class) and not all requests can be fulfilled. Teacher signature must approving the addition/deletion of a community service assignment must be included on the form.
- FORMS are available at the office to request adding/dropping classes or online. Please remember that requests can not always be honored even with parent & teacher signature. NO LATE FORMS. LAST DAY for submitting form to the main office is 12/18/18 at 3:30pm.
CWI ON-CAMPUS/ONLINE REGISTRATION IS OPEN….
Students planning on taking CWI classes on campus or online directly from CWI this spring need to register! Please see Ms. Dowski for assistance. Classes fill rapidly and if a student is intending to enroll for purposes of his or her AA or AC requirements, early registration is recommended. Once students register, they can also apply for their Adv. Opps funding. Class registration ends January 11, 2018
SCHOLARSHIPS, SCHOLARSHIPS, SCHOLARSHIPS!!!
PLEASE CHECK MY WEBSITE FOR UPDATED LISTS OF SCHOLARSHIPS…
IDAHO BASED SCHOLARSHIPS HAVE OPENED!
YMCA Scholarship-Due March 1, 2019 to Ms. Dowski. Only 1 student from each school can apply. (Deadline to YMCA is March 15th)
(Treasure Valley Family YMCA Scholarship for Civic Engagement Fund
For seniors at any high school in the area served by the Treasure Valley Family YMCA (Ada and Canyon counties) who have made significant contributions to their community through community service. Must demonstrate a passion for working collaboratively to find solutions for civic issues (whether homelessness, healthcare, education, environment, etc.) and have an interest in pursuing civic work (whether career or volunteer) that will strengthen and improve our communities.
Interested in the manufacturing industry? FIND SCHOLARSHIPS HERE!!!
Scholarships are not just for seniors! Check out my scholarship page!!!
- PSAT scores are being shared with students this week and next week (10th, 11th, and individual students). PARENT INFO for score interpretation.
2. Wondering About College and How to Support Your Student?
The College Board (same organization that oversees the PSAT and SAT) has a vast amount of information on supporting your students in the college selection process, financial aspects of college, planning, etc. The site is not only for helping your seniors, but younger students as well. Check it out here!
3. ACT AND SAT EXAM DATES ARE LISTED ON THE COUNSELOR’S CALENDAR!
Go to www.act.org or www.collegeboard.org to register